Saturday 28 May 2011

Edgar Allen Poe - 'The Lake'


So for everyone who isn't coming to the Follow Me Maidstone Exhibition this week, this is my final book in digital form. I'll take a few pictures when I get it back from uni, because it looks a bit nicer as a concertina book than it does in digital form.

Artist's Statement:


Edgar Allen Poe’s poem, The Lake, describes a remembered place from his childhood, and his own connotations of death that he associated with it. Through an abstract narrative based on a similar location from my own childhood, I attempted to recreate the feelings and mood described in the poem. The location featured within my book is Embsay Reservoir and the surrounding moorland.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...