Sunday 20 March 2011

Political Mutation and Evolution: Artists Book Project

This was an elective project in the first year of Illustration. We were given the theme of mutation and I chose to look at social and political change as a more focused subject.

The text I used for the book was created using words taken from an essay on the Civil Rights Movement, which I rearranged to give a new meaning. These were accompanied by mark making images that were meant to give an abstract representation of the text. The book form itself took inspiration from the terms convergent/parallel evolution and was designed so it was only possible to view one half of the book at once.

The finished book (I tried to give an idea of the book and how it works so I hope it makes sense):





































Some sample pages from the book:

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...